The FIU Parents Fund is the primary channel for parents and family members, to support FIU and make a direct impact on their child’s educational experience.
The support of parents and family members make an impact on:
- Critical initiatives at FIU, such as academic programs and faculty research that will enhance a student’s time at FIU
- Enhancing the campus life experience and career services to help cultivate student leaders. These initiatives provide FIU students with the best possible preparation for life after graduation
- Strengthen our ability to attract distinguished faculty to teach and mentor our students
- Advance our programs focused on increasing our national rankings and the value of every FIU degree;
- Ensuring that underserved students have access to a life-changing degree through scholarship and grants, providing an education that will contribute to the cultural, political, and economic advancement of our Miami community and beyond.
The ongoing support of FIU parents and families will enable us to prepare FIU students to lead in the 21st-century profession of their choice while exceeding the demands of our ever-changing multi-cultural landscape today, tomorrow, and always.
The FIU Parents Fund is funded by generous donations from FIU parents, family members, and community supporters. To date, the Fund has awarded more than $40,000 to students seeking professional development or in crisis situations. The FIU Parent & Family Council raises funds specifically to benefit the needs outlined in the FIU Parents Fund via networking and fundraising events along with other efforts.